Forum sur la formation des membres
2019 Member Education Forum
The workshop materials for the 2019 Member Education Forum will be available June 1st, in advance of the AGM.
Thursday, June 69:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- A01 Leadership that earns involvement
- A02 Are you a good boss?
- A03 Chairing meetings
- A04 Understanding financial statements, BCA and AMP
- A05 Putting it all together: A planning cycle for your co-op
- A06 How energy savings works
- A07 Creating an age-friendly co-op
- A08 Indigenous culture and knowledge: past and present
- A09 Federal election 2019: Mobilizing members and engaging politicians
- A10 Co-op principles and healthy co-op communities
- A11 All about co-op development
- A12 Navigating new programs: SEED Fund and Co-investment Fund
Thursday, June 61:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- B01 Our legacy: Co-op founders share their stories
- B02 Introduction to human rights and housing
- B03 Great elections
- B04 The impact of co-op arrears
- B05 Accessibility, aging in place and universal design
- B06 Save energy and get paid for it!
- B07 Welcoming LGBT2SQ members at your co-op
- B08 KAIROS Blanket Exercise (part one)
- B09 The National Housing Strategy: Work to date
- B10 A Silent Transformation: Film screening
- B11 Alternative models for growth of the co-op sector
- B12 Your co-op before development
Thursday, June 63:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- C01 Our future: Co-op housing for all
- C02 Co-op presidents forum
- C03 Brilliant board meetings
- C04 Budgeting know-how
- C05 Vacancies & marketing
- C06 Testing for radon
- C07 Co-op stories of welcoming communities
- C08 KAIROS Blanket Exercise (part two)
- C09 Effective media relations
Friday, June 79:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- D01 Conflict mediation: what you need to know before you start!
- D02 Director duties
- D03 Engaging members in co-op meetings
- D04 Long-term financial planning for co-op communities
- D05 Fire, wind, water! Why and how to protect your co-op from loss
- D06 Greener communities
- D07 Co-op housing: A model for gender equality?
- D08 Discussions on reconciliation in the co-op housing sector
- D09 Working together to protect and grow affordable housing in Ontario
- D10 Building a culture of accountability in co-ops
- D11 Co-ops, development and change
- D12 Exploring the community land trust model